Happiness is when you finally found the cake of your dreams :’) This is a super moist carrot cake and I looooove super moist carrot cakes. It’s why I love PS cafe’s carrot cakes, just that they burn such a huge hole in my pocket (it’s at least $10 per slice with very little cream cheese) that the pain I feel from paying cancels out the joy in the eating. The next best carrot cake in Singapore would probably be from Cedele just that the cake is too dry for my liking and too small. I either have issues with the price or the size, which is great motivation for me to whip something up in the kitchen.
Anyway, this recipe is from Sally’s Baking Addiction, though I made some minor adjustments. It is super easy to make, all you need is to whisk the wet ingredients together and then dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then out comes a super duper moist carrot cake. If I haven’t emphasised it enough yet, this cake is so amazing you have to try it.
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
200g light brown sugar
180ml vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
260g very finely grated carrots
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions for Carrot Cake
1. In stand mixer on medium speed, mix brown sugar and oil together.
2. Add in yogurt, beat for 60s. Mixture should be thick.
3. Add in eggs, one by one.
4. Add in vanilla extract
5. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
6. Fold dry ingredients into wet mixture, fold until just mixed.
7. Fold in carrots and raisins.
8. Pour into 9 inch springform tin.
8. In preheated oven of 175 degrees Celsius, bake the cake. Check at 20mins.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
600g cream cheese, at room temperature
200g butter, at room temperature
100g icing sugar
Directions for Frosting
1. Using handheld whisk, whisk all ingredients together.
2. Store in fridge until ready to use.