I had some sour cream left over from my dip, so I used it to make some delicious blueberry lemon muffins. It was my first time using sour cream to make muffins and it produced a tangy flavoured fluffy muffin. The muffin was more cake-like, as commented by my friend, so stay away, all you bread-like muffin lovers!
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 half-pints fresh blueberries, picked through for stems
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners in muffin pans.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
4. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Fold flour mixture into batter
7. Fold blueberries into batter
8. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup till its full. (my muffins did not rise much)